Friday 5 December 2008

Putting the greenhouse to bed for winter.

It was a job well overdue. As you can see the tomatoes are a bit past their best! (-: I was really pleased with what I got off them this year. Sungold is the best cherry tomato in my opinion with an amazing sharp/sweet flavour. Can't wait for next year now! As I pruned them down to 1 foot stumps, the odd tomato left fell to the floor. At this point in the proceedings, Poppy cat decided to come and help me out.
Inevitably she started patting the squidgy tomatoes on the floor with her paw. Some of them did split on her which she found most curious! (-: Yes, she was a great help! So, the greenhouse is now dormant until next year. I guess I'll have to put up with supermarket toms for now, they're just not in the same league though!

3 comments:

Eve said...

Hi Pop Tart!! You're getting so big!! Jenny, will your tomato plants come back up in the spring? I'm already ready for spring...that is sad isn't it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
Maybe the cat will be able to supply some organic fertiliser next year {:)???

Jenny said...

Hi Evie, yes, she's now a young lady cat, but still has lovely kittenish ways about her. No, those tomatoes are dead and gone. I shall get new plants next year, probably from Mum, she grows them for me from seed.

Hi Roy, hmmmmmmm. Yes, she will help to fertilise the garden, not that I really want her to!!! (-: