Sunday 15 March 2009

Early morning stroll around Rodden

It was a beautiful morning so I got up early and took a stroll around the local reserve before the last day of our exhibition started. This is a view from the top of the reserve with the mill house to the right (I'd love to live in that house!)A pair of Canada Geese were taking a wash in the main pond area. This one was standing guard (keeping a keen eye on me) while its mate took a bath.
I loved the various colours and textures of this humpy looking grass at the top of the reserve.This Tortoishell butterfly was enjoying the early morning sunshine (as was I). This is the first butterfly I've seen this year. It was great to get out and about after being cooped up inside for this last week or so. More on my walk in my next post.

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Such a beautiful stroll! The geese looked like they were going to come right out of the photo!

Mary said...

I love to watch the geese bathe. They make such a loving process out of cleaning their feathers. That butterfly is beatuiful! I like the bumpy grasses, too :-)

Eve said...

A wonderful walk Jenny. I've always had a desire to live in an old water mill. I've seen some shows about restoring them. You would love my fields becaue there is a lot of that kind of "humpy" grass in them. Thanks for for taking us on the stroll with you.

Quiet Paths said...

Oh how lovely; glad you got out side a bit. I love the beautiful butterfly. Spring is definitely arrived in your spot of the woods.

Jenny said...

Hi Shelley, for once the Geese were pretty tolerant, but I didn't want to get too close and spoil their bath time!

Hi Mary, glad you liked everthing. I have more photos to show, but am stringing them out into two more posts.

Hi Evie, I know I would love to spend hours, days even wandering around your place.

Hi Christine, yes, spring has definitely sprung over here, probably with the odd cold snap still though I'm sure! (-:

Anonymous said...

I like this collection of photos and one of the first butterflies for season.

Anonymous said...

Nice old Mill House Jen. (you have been watching that "Relocation, Relocation" programme I bet)
This warmth has at last brought out the butterflies, I did get a brief sight of one yesterday.

Danni said...

What a wonderfully peaceful post! I needed this terribly this morning, as I race around madly trying to ready everything for this crazy trip I've gotten myself into. And butterflies...already! Spring, at last! :-)