Saturday 14 June 2008

Fairweather Gardener!

I went up to Mums for my usual 2 days of gardening last week, but the first day was a complete washout. It rained most of the day so I decided to clean windows instead (inside!). The Red-legged Partridge also decided to take shelter under the Cotinus and this Mayfly (Ephemera danica) landed on my Mum's window (a long way from the river down the bottom of the garden)



The next day was bright and sunny though so it was back into the garden. I got the last of the vegetables planted, some Red cabbage. This is a new vegetable for Mum to try in the garden so it will be interesting to see how they come on. The robin (as they so often do) kept me company while I was working on the vegetable patch.

The male Goldcrest was still eyeing up his own reflection from my Mum's bedroom so I couldn't resist taking more photos of him. Daft bird! (-:

1 comment:

Eve said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip Jenny! I just love your Robin! So very different from ours! I would love to have him visit me in my garden!