Saturday 14 June 2008

Our pond and its wildlife

We've had quite a change in our garden this spring. I wish I'd taken more photos of the changes. In this photo the area around the pond that is now gravel used to be a very unkempt lawn. We have enjoyed getting some of the new plants that I've potted into various terracotta pots to dot around this new area. The bees are really enjoying the Poppies, Ceanothus and Primula at the moment. The Primula florindae has a particularly beautiful scent!



In and around the pond, the female newts are busy egg laying and we have several frogs enjoying the pondweed. I managed to get these photos of a Pond Skater, Azure Damselfly and Hoverfly (Helophilus pendulus) today in the sunshine. I wouldn't be without a pond in the garden, there is so much to watch!

No comments: