Sunday 14 September 2008

Rodden Reserve Ramble part 1

The last couple of days, I've taken an early morning walk around my local nature reserve. Both days have been misty or foggy, very atmospheric.
Today, the whole place just seemed to be smothered in dew covered cobwebs. It was quite magical. There must have been at least a gazillion spiders sharing my morning with me, at a safe distance! (-:
Here are some photos though they don't do justice to the peaceful atmosphere while walking around this small reserve.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Early Bird,

Great images Jen and the current header is in keeping with the theme. The Spider and his web is particularly good with amazing detail.

Jenny said...

Hi Roy, thanks, I particularly like the last one, it sort of looks like a sagging marquee I think! (-: By the way, I like your new geese header.

Mosura said...

Excellent photos! Can't pick a winner but it would be either #2 or #4.

Mary said...

Those are some great webs! You realy hit the jackpot on spiders with perfect webs!

Jenny said...

Hi Alan, thanks, with hindsight, I should have taken an overall photo to show a sense of just how many webs there were all over, another time maybe...

Hi Mary, yes, as I said in my post, it created a magical experience.

Adrian said...

Hey Wren

Just had a dose of the shivers looking at those webs! Must get out myself.

See you soon, Adgi